Our Data Protection Policy
Hiva’s Beauty Lounge takes the privacy of your information very seriously.
Definitions and interpretation
Collectively all information that you submit to Hiva’s Beauty Lounge via the website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws.
Data Protection Laws
Any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK.
GDPR the General Data Protection Regulation (EU)2016/679
Hiva’s Beauty Lounge, we or us
User or you
Any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Hiva’s Beauty Lounge and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Hiva’s Beauty Lounge and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
Website the website that you are currently using, hivasbeautylounge.co.uk, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
a. The singular includes the plural and vice versa;
c. A reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
d. 'Including’ is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
e. Reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
4. For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Hiva’s Beauty Lounge is the “data controller”. This means that Hiva’s Beauty Lounge determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
How we collect Data
5. We collect Data in the following ways:
a. Data is given to us by you; and
b. Data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
6. Hiva’s Beauty Lounge will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
a. When you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means; in each case, in accordance with this private policy.
Data that is collected automatically
7. To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
a. We automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use the way you use the way you use and interact with its content.
Keeping Data secure
8. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
a. Access to your account is controlled by a log in password
b. We store your Data on secure servers
9. Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: email@example.com
11. Even if we delete your data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
12. You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
a. Right to access - the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive”. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reason why.
b. Right to correct – the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
c. Right to erase – the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our system.
d. Right to restrict our use of your Data – the right to “block” us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
e. Right to data portability – the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
f. Right to object – the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
13. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address:
14. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the information commissioner’s office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/ .
15. It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
16. Hiva’s Beauty Lounge reserves the right to change this policy as we may deem necessary from time to time or as may be required by law. Any changes will be immediately posted on the Website and you are deemed to have accepted the terms of this policy on your first use of the Website following the alterations.
You may contact Hiva’s Beauty Lounge by email at firstname.lastname@example.org